Call for Participation – Your Invitation
We are inviting participation from across Alaska and the Arctic, individuals who are experts in their field and interested in problem-solving and international collaboration. Four teams will be created, aligned with the themes below, and together they will apply their sector experience, subject matter knowledge, and innovative capabilities to challenges that each represent. Please complete the participation form to be considered.
- Teams will be announced in two phases, initially by January 15 and then January 31, 2018.
- Participants should expect to spend the weekend in Anchorage, Alaska, from April 27 to 29, 2018
- Teams will collaborate virtually the month prior.
- From April 27-29, 2018 teams will engage in public dialogue and presentations reporting outcomes.
- In-state expenses – lodging and meals – will be covered; some travel support available.
The deadline for expressions of interest has been extended to December 22 for the first phase, and then January 15 for second and final phase.
Four priority areas chosen from the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals based on their applicability to Alaska and opportunity to see innovation applied in a northern context. Keep in mind that these intersect with other SDGs.
- Sustainable Cities and Communities – Challenges will focus on Housing and Food
- Affordable and Clean Energy – Challenges will focus on Efficiency and Affordable Technology
- Climate Action – Challenges will focus on Community Relocation and Carbon Capture
- Good Health and Well-Being – Challenges will focus on Culture-Based Approaches and One Health
Complete the following to express your interest in participating.