2018 North by North Festival
April 26-29, 2018 at the Anchorage Museum
The North by North Festival captures the spirit of Alaska and the Arctic – to address our challenges and opportunities with Northern innovation and resilience, to build on a rich history and to ensure a future full of promise. The Festival is for the North, and organized by Northerners, with goals of sustainability, livability and growth. The Festival brings innovators from across Alaska, the nation and other Arctic regions to collaborate and address local and circumpolar challenges. Through knowledge, governance, business, design, film, music, food, literature and art, we celebrate the North.
- TED-style presentations – solution and best practice sharing from across the Arctic
- Innovation Teams – four teams formed to address eight challenges; co-creation of solutions and opportunities
- Fish bowl work sessions – solution creation for innovation challenges
- Youth Innovation Challenge – rapid prototyping, pitching and awards
- Curated Conversations – focused on features of sustainable development
- Sustainable Arctic Award reception – presented for lifetime achievement
- Circumpolar North Film Festival – films from around the Arctic, focused on innovation and resilience
- Arctic Foods Tasting, resident DJs and Arctic Dance Party
Registration options are online for an expected 300-400 participants from all eight nations, across the US and Alaska.